Monday, September 24, 2012

Stretch yourself!

"No one who lights a lamp conceals it with a vessel or sets it under a bed; rather, he places it on a lampstand so that those who enter may see the light."
Luke 8:16

It's amazing what one can get away with if one claims no skill in a particular area. For instance, I got out of many cooking-type tasks or ministries due to the fact that I am not a good cook (I have other gifts, as the nuns say). So, cleverly, I could wiggle out of anything that required food preparation. It was a convenient out for me and I used it eagerly. But here lately, I am realizing the error of my ways and have begun to branch out a bit. We are not asked to be perfect in ministry, only faithful. We are not asked to be the best, but we are asked to try. I don't have to have the best funeral potatoes on the table, but it sure is helpful if I bring something. Light your lamps! Shine your light! Bake a cake! Stretch yourself beyond what you think you can do or think you want to do. Oh, and happy Autumn Monday! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment