Monday, October 1, 2012

The gifts of laughter and friendship

“We'll be Friends Forever, won't we, Pooh?' asked Piglet.
Even longer,' Pooh answered.”
A. A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh

I spent this past weekend with dear friends on the banks of the Stillwater River. I am so awed by this opportunity for celebrating sisterhood, but there were two things that jumped out at me throughout the weekend for which I am profoundly grateful. The first was laughter. To be awakened at dawn by peels of laughter is truly a gift. I love people who can laugh uproariously at the break of day! And a second thing was the support and love of people who have known me since I was a child, accept me just as I am, and love me no matter what. That is the true gift of friendship. Today, let's thank God for the gift of good friends! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment