Tuesday, October 23, 2012

You are mine!

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine."
Isaiah 43:1

We did a bit of Lectio Divina this past weekend, as part of our gathering, and this was part of the scripture chosen. As I meditated on it, the phrase, "you are mine," lingered in my heart. We belong to God. Whatever or whoever else may have our attention or allegiance in this world, the bottom line is that we are God's. This reminded me of the quotation from Goethe: "All human longing is longing for God." We long and search for God because we belong to God. Our lives may get muddled and cluttered by our misplaced attachments here on earth, but God lovingly and tenderly calls us back. "I have called you by name; you are mine." That is so rich and beautiful, Friends! It sort of reminds me of the children's story about the just-hatched baby bird who goes around to several other critters saying, "Are you my mother?" We search for the fulfillment we can only find in God, who made us. God's, we are. Blessings on your Tuesday! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment