Monday, January 28, 2013

Quiet, quiet...

"Quiet, quiet, faced with silence, you and me and everything between.
Stillness, stillness, how I've misplaced your face in the midst of my worries...
You say, 'Be still,' and I will, I will. In the silence you speak; I am listening."
Sherry Muchira, "Quiet" from the album, "All Things New"

This past weekend was an amazing time with friends in a winter wonderland, but there were a couple of times I went off alone and experienced the "Quiet, quiet." I find, that lately, I have come to crave a bit of the quiet, even as I greatly enjoy the time with others. That moment or two of quiet helps me touch base with the space inside where Jesus is. Make no mistake, though, time laughing uproariously with friends is deeply spiritual, too. But there is something about the Quiet and the Stillness that lures me in. I urge you, too, to give in to the call of the Quiet, sometime, throughout your day. Love, heidi
P.S. You can find this amazing album of Sherry's (formerly of Lystra's Silence) on Amazon or iTunes. It is simply splendid!

No comments:

Post a Comment