Friday, February 22, 2013

Who do you say that I am?

"He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?'"
Matthew 16:13

Great question! Simon Peter got the right answer to this $64,000 question when he answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." (v. 16) But what about us? Lent is a great time to ponder things like this. Who is Jesus to us? What has God revealed about Jesus to us in our day? Does our image of Jesus change as we journey with him? I have noticed it does change as I grow in faith. During this past Cursillo, we had continuous Adoration in our little chapel. Those of us on Prayer team even took turns sleeping in there. Awake, asleep, in prayer...it was beautiful to share such a peaceful space with Jesus! We noticed after spending so much time in there, we grew more and more comfortable with the Presence. By Day Three, we were sprawled out, relaxed and comfortable--still reverent, but with a more relaxed reverence. Jesus is here. Isn't it grand? Jesus became such a comfortable Friend. I think that represents the change I notice in my relationship with Jesus as I grow spiritually. Jesus is an ever-present, loving, comfortable Friend. "But who do you say that I am?" Blessings on your Lenten weekend! Love, heidi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment