Monday, March 4, 2013

Carve out time for quiet

"It is good to be here."
Luke 9:33

Sitting in Ross Chapel at the end of a gloriously good day at the Motherhouse, I finally got caught up on the day's readings. I was struck by this in The Little Black Book and spent some time reflecting on it. It was so quiet in the chapel. The activities of a busy Friday were over and everyone was on about their Friday night. It was just Jesus and me in the chapel and I couldn't help but agree with Peter..."It is good to be here." So good. It is wonderful how God gifts us with bits of quiet in our busy lives if we just take the time to stop what we are doing and pause. None of us are so important that we cannot sit quietly with God at the end, beginning or throughout our day. Even just a few minutes in peace and quiet can help us recalibrate and recharge our minds and hearts. Jesus tells us, "Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28) If you haven't already carved out some time for quiet prayer in your day, let's begin today! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment