Thursday, March 7, 2013

Jesus. Alive. Now.

"Christian living makes no sense unless we believe that at this moment, Jesus knows what hurts us."
Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins"

The question I pondered after I read this today was, "Is Jesus alive to me...now?" That, in essence, has been my spiritual journey, especially the last fifteen years. Jesus. Alive. Now. (There is an interesting bumper sticker!) My journey has been discovering, deeper and deeper, that Jesus is alive and well and riding shot-gun in my car, beside me all the way--no matter where I am going. Gradually, as I have grown in relationship with Jesus, it is apparent that Jesus is my best friend. The more you love someone, the more you want to listen to them and know everything about them. The more you love someone the more time you want to spend with them. The more you love someone the more you value their opinion. All that is so true of my spiritual walk. Jesus is not just an historical figure. Jesus is becoming my life, my love, my other half...as real as my own image in the mirror. It is so worthwhile to just spend some time thinking about who Jesus is. And he asks us to ponder just that, when he asks, "Who do you say that I am?" Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment