Friday, March 8, 2013

Lent check...

"I will heal their defection, says the Lord, I will love them freely; for my wrath is turned away from them."
Hosea 14:5

This really struck me this morning! I especially love the line, "I will love them freely..." Have you felt the love of God lately? Has your Lenten journey given you time to just sit and bask in God's love? It should. That is what Lent is all about, Charlie Brown. The fasting, praying and alms-giving are all to bring us closer to God and the love that God pours out for us. God heals and God loves us! Two such important lessons of Lent! Let's take some time this weekend to ponder our Lenten observances. Are they giving us more free time to spend with God? Check. Are they opening our hearts to God's love for us? Check. Are they leading us to share that love with others? Check. Are they making us look good and holy to those around us? Beep! Wrong answer! Let's spend some serious time this weekend alone with God. Let's experience the freely given love that God wants more than anything to share with us. And then let's see how we can pass that love on to a waiting world. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment