Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Get out there in the crowd!

"If you want to be closer to God, just rub shoulders with the crowd. If you want to do penance for sins, just rub shoulders with the crowd."
Fr. Ed Hays, "A Book of Wonders"

Jesus was always rubbing shoulders with the crowd, wasn't he? I mean he sought solitude and time alone to pray, but it was always to refuel before he got right back out there...with the crowd. If God is close to the crowd and we want to be close to God, it is only logical that we get out there in the crowd too. I always think that if I was a hermit, with no contact with others, I could be practically sinless! But the fact is, I need others to challenge me, teach me and help me draw closer to God. Yes, I need solitude and refueling too (love those "Silent Sundays!") But, that is just to prepare me for getting right back out there Monday. Today, as we meet and mingle with the crowd that makes up our Tuesday, let's think about how our interactions with them draw us closer to God and, even how we may help them draw closer to God. Blessings on you and your crowd! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment