Friday, March 15, 2013

I love you, my Friend...

"I love you, my Friend."
Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins"
 
Brennan Manning was reflecting on a time when he was preparing for Adoration and just didn't feel it. He questioned his own sincerity and why he was doing what he was about to do. Once he sat there, however, these words came to his lips. "I love you, my Friend." The Christian journey can be difficult, as we all know. Jesus asks difficult things of us...being servants, loving our enemies, forgiving those who hurt us, not judging those who bug us. But, what we need to do along the way, is sit in Jesus' midst and pray, "I love you, my Friend." That's what it is. It all boils down to Jesus and me. Together. And me acknowledging that I love my Friend, Jesus. Let this be our own Lenten prayer today! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment