Friday, April 12, 2013

God's peace...

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear?"
Psalm 27

No matter how often we read or hear this Psalm we can't hear it too often! Despite our best efforts, the world can chew away at us and really erode our good humor, can't it? Stuff happens. Maybe it's fear of huge world issues. Maybe it's anger at injustice. Maybe it's a terrifying diagnosis, loss of a job, or maybe it's just irritation at each other. But, bottom line: life is hard sometimes. That's when we can turn to scripture and find just the answer we need. And, very often, it is Psalm 27:

"The Lord is my life's refuge; of whom should I be afraid?
One thing I ask of the Lord; this I seek; to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life..
I believe that I shall see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living."

There now, isn't that better? No matter what is troubling us, God wants us to come, sit down, and open ourselves up to the healing Word. There is nothing going on that is out of reach of God's peace. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment