Monday, April 8, 2013

Ready to do your will!

"Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word."
Luke 1:38

Today, we celebrate the Feast of the Annunciation (since March 25 was in Holy Week and this is the first possible day after Easter week--I know, I was scratching my head, too). Anyway, the message of today's feast isn't lost just because we wiggle it around on the liturgical calendar! We are all here, Christians, thanks to Mary's "Yes!" Yesterday at mass we sang "Refiner's Fire" and that line, "I want to be holy...set apart for you, Lord. I want to be holy, set apart for you, my Master, ready to do
your will!" (Brian Doerksen). Time and time again, when I hear the message to do God's will, I answer each time, "Yes, I want to in the worst way, but please be clear about what it is--exactly!" In pondering Mary's Yes, and my wanting to do God's will (or at least saying I do!) makes me realize I have choices all throughout my day to do God's will. It's not just a huge vocation thing, although it could be. But it is more choosing what God would like me to do all through the day. Is God nudging me to invite someone to coffee? Is God putting in my mind to pray for someone? Is God asking me to step out of myself and reach out to someone who may be going through something? So today, as we celebrate Mary's yes and we sing about being ready to do God's will, let's be open to the little ways that will may come clear to us. Love, heidi
If you want to pray this beautiful song with the man who wrote it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idA6fCAHVzs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment