Friday, May 31, 2013

Avoid slackity!

"Do not grow slack in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord."
Romans 12:11

How do you not grow slack in zeal when you've been working at something a long time? Counting up the years of my rich and wonderful career in blind rehabilitation, I can, indeed, drag my feet in slackity (don't try that word at home--I made it up). I have been at this work a long time, and even though each client is unique, and there are new things to learn all the time, I am known to drag my feet a bit (especially on Monday mornings!) And then, just yesterday, a dear, elderly gentleman asked me, "Do you believe in angels?" I answered yes. He went on, "Well, I think you're an angel come to help me with this stuff." It's hard to remain slack with affirmation and gratitude like that! Lord, sometimes, it is difficult to remain full of zeal in the day-to-day of my work. Please help me to see each and every person as You see them and help me to serve them with the zeal I would serve You. For, indeed, each person I meet today is You! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment