Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Come to the quiet...

"Come to the Quiet"
~An Invitation

I notice that everything is quieter when I'm in my silence mode in my backyard (lately it's been Sunday mornings). I whisper to the dogs instead of talking in a normal voice. I close doors softly; I'm so much more gentle with all my actions. It's like I don't want any noise to disturb the bird's song or the sound of the leaves rustling. When I was on silent retreat at Nazareth, I found myself even walking more gently and slowly, like I was in a wedding. I didn't want to disturb the sacred ground I was walking on. As well as quieting our actions, we can quiet our minds and even our souls. In that stillness, we can be so much more attune to God's tiny whisper. I urge you to take some time and enjoy a quiet hour, whenever you can! Turn off all electronics and just still in the stillness of your yard or living room. Listen for the tiniest sound you can hear...a cricket, a bird, a leaf. Just revel in that tiny-ness. And realize that God's voice is only that loud. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment