Friday, July 12, 2013

Blessed to be sent...

"A clean heart create for me, God; renew in me a steadfast spirit."
Psalm 51:12

I had a change of heart yesterday. It was Day Two back at work after vacation.  I struggled to get back into the swing of things and I was crabby.  I had a negative attitude. I wanted to turn the calendar back a week and begin vacation again, instead of it being over.  The lady I'd gone to see didn't answer her door.  Grumble, grumble.  Apparently, she was taking a nap with the air conditioner on and didn't hear me knocking. Wouldn't that be nice? Grumble.  Something had to change inside me. And, then, it did. I was able to turn from grumbly to grateful. I was able to return to her place, discuss her needs, and find some things that helped her.  She was so thrilled! As I drove back to the office, I remembered the lessons from Fr. Anthony Gittins--I am sent.  I am an apprentice disciple, who is still learning, but I have been sent to share with others.  I certainly don't know it all, and it will take a lifetime for me to know much of anything.  But that doesn't change the fact that I am sent to help others. I only really need to know how blessed I am to be on this journey. And I am blessed that today is Friday! Blessings on yours...  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment