Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday pick-me-up

"You will trust God only as much as you love God."
Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins"

This next couple of weeks, is seems like all the kids are embarking on adventures.  There is a big music festival near Portland that both Jeni and Blaine are working.  Sam is off hither and yon for various athletic endeavors.  And, for some reason, my mind goes to all the things that could go wrong with these journeys.  Bother, that!  It doesn't help that I just read a book by a faith-filled woman whose young adult son died tragically. But, two things have occurred that really gave me pause.  First I got behind a car with a license plate that read, "Heb 11." And that, of course, starts out: 

"Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

And then this reading this morning in Ragamuffins: "You will trust God only as much as you love God."  And, between those two, is my answer.  Trust God.  Pull your faith out of your pocket and use it! Faith is nothing if it is not taken off the shelf and put to good use.  And Jeremiah 29:11 comes to mind too, "For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe; plans to give you a future full of hope." With all of this encouragement, have a fabulous weekend! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment