Thursday, October 3, 2013

Listening hearts...

"Give us listening hearts and open ears, that we may hear and heed your word for us."
Give Us This Day, Morning prayer intentions
 
This is so much the message for me this morning!  I love the image of a "listening heart."  I can certainly relate to "open ears," but the image of a listening heart is so rich and wonderful and draws me in deeper.  I think a listening heart is a compassionate heart, beating in rhythm with God's heart. Today, we will meet and cross paths with many people just in our typical Thursday life.  But, today, let's consider how we can use a listening heart in our encounters.  Not just listening to the words of others with our ears, but listening to their spirits with our compassionate hearts.  Let this prayer be our prayer for today...
Give us listening hearts and open ears, that we may hear and heed your word  for us.  Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment