Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Little Way...

"(St) Therese called her spirituality 'the Little Way'. It involved performing one's daily actions, whether pleasing or disappointing, in the presence and love of God.  By this means one could turn any situation into a profound arena for holiness; each moment, accepted and lived in a spirit of love, could become an occasion for heroism and a potential step along the path to sanctity."
Robert Ellsberg, "Blessed Among Us," Give Us This Day
 
This was so interesting to me because it is the same message I received while on retreat.  Any vocation can be turned into a spiritual calling if done in love and for the glory of God! One does not have to have specifically a religious vocation to have a Godly vocation.  This was such a powerful message for me because I feel so called to a religious life as I see my life's direction change.  But I learned on retreat that being a ticket-taker at a movie theater could be a religious vocation if done WITH love and FOR God.  God blesses the work of our hands and it is that, and the spirit with which we do that work that gives it the sanctity.  It is such a beautiful message to take into our hearts today, Friends! It's October!  Blessings on your new day and month, love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment