Monday, November 18, 2013

$64,000 Question

"Jesus asked him, 'What do you want me to do for you?'"
Luke 18:41
 
The question Jesus asks the blind beggar in Jericho is a question I believe Jesus asks us every single day.  Each morning, as we begin our day, as we sit in prayer, Jesus asks us this question.  My answer has changed so much over the years that I really believe it is worthwhile to sit and journal with this question every six months or so, just to see where we are.  Many years ago my answer would have been something like, "Please take care of the kids..." A few years after that my answer may be something along the lines of, "Please help me have the resources I need to take care of myself."  More recently, as I grow on my spiritual journey, my answer is, "I want to be closer to you, Jesus! Please draw me closer!" The kids are fine, I have everything I need; now, all I want is Jesus.  Oh, don't get me wrong, there are times when my answer has more secular tones to it, but, blessedly, now, all I really want is to be closer to Jesus.  Let's take some time this week and sit with pen and paper and answer Jesus' question, "What do you want me to do for you?"  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment