Friday, December 6, 2013

Climb out of the dark...

"And out of the gloom and darkness, the eyes of the blind shall see."
Isaiah 29:18
 
So frequently, as I am talking with a new visually impaired client, and I ask how they would like our agency to help them. They respond, "Can you give me new eyes?" Justifiably, they don't want to learn new techniques or get a talking clock...they want to be able to see the way they used to see.  And that's that.  I, usually, give the same response, "Oh how I wish I could! I'd be very happy to put myself out of business!" Gradually, though, people do respond to learning new ways of doing things and accept the neat gadgets that help them in their daily lives.  Out of that gloom and darkness, they learn new things, change and move forward.  As we near the shortest, darkest days of our year, we all are dealing with gloom and darkness, aren't we?  We encounter literal darkness as well as figurative.  Today, and this weekend, let's spend some quiet time contemplating this darkness, however we are experiencing it in our own lives.  And let's realize that others, too, may be feeling the darkness.  How can we reach out to them and give them a hand?  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment