Sunday, December 1, 2013

Come, (closer) Lord Jesus!

"Come, Lord Jesus!"
Advent prayer
 
What does this mean to me this year? Especially since I have such a powerful sense that Jesus is already here? Jesus never leaves my side, so what, exactly, am I praying for during Advent? I answered my own question, while praying about this yesterday. I came to the realization that, no matter how close Jesus seems, I always want more.  Jesus is like potato chips. I can never get enough; I am always longing for more. I have a harder time relating to the centurion in today's gospel who tells Jesus, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof..." (Matthew 8:8) My plea is more like, "Jesus, come! Make yourself at home, and please, don't ever leave!" So, I guess my theme for Advent this year is more like, "Come closer, Lord Jesus!"  Or even "Stay, Lord Jesus!"  As my Dad used to say about my behavior in mass, "There is always room for improvement!"  There is always room for a closer walk with Jesus...that is my quest this Advent...prayers for you and your quests, too!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment