Thursday, January 30, 2014

One, two, three...eyes on Me!

"Make known to me your ways, Lord; teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are my God my savior.
For you I wait all the long day, because of your goodness, Lord"
Psalm 25:4-5
 
Sometimes you just need a good Psalm on a cold winter morning!  And this is so beautiful. There are times I feel almost desperate to know what God wants me to do.  And other times, it's just as clear as can be.  During the murky times, I need to remember if I am seeking God's instruction, I need to make myself teachable.  I need to let go of my own agenda and open myself up to God's lessons.  If my mind is closed tight, I cannot learn God's ways or will.  It reminds me of the classroom chant to get the kids' attention, "One, two, three, eyes on me!"  Help me to fix my gaze on you, O Lord.  Help me to be open to the new lessons you have for me today...O let me be teachable! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment