Tuesday, February 18, 2014

God sends us the good...

"No one experiencing temptation should say, 'I am being tempted by God.'"
James 1:13
 
God doesn't send bad stuff our way to trip us up, in other words.  God doesn't need to...we humans can get ourselves into plenty of difficult situations, thank you very much! Our human nature and desire for immediate gratification and pleasure can certainly cause us to chart our own negative course.  We can make enough mischief ourselves without God sending anything to tempt us.  A little further in the reading, James says, "All good giving and every perfect gift is from above." (v. 17) God only sends us good gifts. So, God sends us good, we make our own bad and then what?  And then our Psalm for today:
"When I say, 'My foot is slipping,' your mercy, O Lord, sustains me; when cares abound within me, your comfort gladdens my soul."  Psalm 94:18-19
 God send us mercy and love, even when we slip--especially when we slip.  Thanks be to God!  Happy Tuesday-that-feels-like-Monday!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment