Thursday, February 20, 2014

Show no partiality...

But if you show partiality, you commit sin..."
James 2:9
 
I most often work in my clients' homes when I see them.  And when I heard this reading on "Pray-as-You-Go" this morning, the question lingered.  "Does this reading make you uncomfortable?"  Yes, it does.  More often than not, the homes I go in are nice, clean, comfortable, cozy.  But, other times, they are much more difficult. When I heard this reading, my mind immediately flashed to a very difficult home where I had a hard time, logistically, marking the appliances and doing what I needed to do to help the client.  And that causes me to have partiality, just like James is saying in this reading.  I, unfairly, judge these folks, whose circumstances are most difficult.  And that is wrong and sinful.  I am here to help these people, not judge them.  Whatever difficulties they have encountered bring them to this point of struggle and I am there to help. Lord, I need you to go with me into each home.  Remind me that each person I meet is cherished by you and deserves my utmost respect and compassion. Help me to help them by getting my prejudice and partiality out of the way. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment