Monday, March 31, 2014

I was blind, but now I see

"One thing I do know is that I was blind and now I see."
John 9:25
 
This, of course, was yesterday's Gospel and I pondered the question, What is it that I need Jesus to help me "see" better?  Having attended the Sisters of Charity Regional gathering on Saturday, the answer was clear to me.  I need to be able to see Jesus in the poor. And that has a question of its own-- Who are the poor?  We had such a wonderful discussion at our table about who the poor are, and it became clear to me that the poor may not just be those in need of physical provisions.  Mother Teresa said that those who feel unloved, who have no friends, who have no others to turn to are also poor. So, as we enter into these last weeks of Lent, let's ask ourselves what "vision" healing we may need from Jesus.  And let's ask Jesus to heal that aspect of our lives.  Lord, please give me eyes to see you in the poor; those without the things they need to live and thrive in this world, those who need extra love and compassion, those who may simply need to feel validated in a world that moves at too fast a pace to recognize their great contribution. Amen!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment