Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I'll save you!!

"'Master, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my life for you.'"
John 13:37
 
If I had to choose who I am in today's Gospel, I feel I'd choose Peter.  Dear Peter, so boastful and full of himself.  "I'll stick with you!  I'll help!"  And then, just like Peter, I would wimp out when push comes to shove. It's so easy to say we're strong and can handle something, but completely different when it actually happens and our boastfulness is put to the test.  Or when difficult times come and our faith is put to the test.  Lucky for me and my look-alike Peter, Jesus gives us a second chance.  "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" (John 21:17)  Jesus asks Peter after the Resurrection, three times--one for each of Peter's denials.  Peter has the opportunity to make it right with Jesus, and so do we.  Let's walk the journey this week, Friends!  Even though we feel powerless and weak.  We need to just BE there with Jesus!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment