Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Picture Jesus in your day...

"Even till I am old and gray-headed, do not forsake me, O God."
Psalm 71:18
 
That may be a little too close for comfort, but I can't worry about that today!  On Pray-As-You-Go this morning, there was an interesting exercise.  They said to picture Jesus in the most difficult or mundane part of your day.  What does he look like? What is he doing? What does he say to you? I had the most hilarious mental image of walking into my office and seeing Jesus, in a long white robe, spinning around in my office chair.  "What's on the docket today, Heidi-dear?" He continues as he spins around, "Whatever it is, can I come along?"  You bet! I need someone to ride shotgun as I go from client to client today.  I frequently imagine Jesus with me as I go through the day and I keep up a regular conversation with him during the quiet times.  That is what following the Good Shepherd looks like for me.  I encourage you to picture Jesus in your day, today.  What does he look like? What does he say to you?  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment