Friday, May 16, 2014

Give peace a chance!

"Do not let your hearts be troubled..."
John 14:1
 
On "Pray-as-you-go" this morning, they read today's Gospel (John 14:1-6), then asked us to pick out the words or phrase that has the most impact on us.  I didn't get any further than the very first sentence, "Do not let your hearts be troubled..."  Yesterday, I wasted so much time and mental energy on a silly issue that happened early and robbed me of peace all day.  Why do I do that?  The Lord only knows, but it makes me crazy when I do.  Today, peace restored, I'm going to keep this sentence at the top of my mind and say it again and again to myself.  Things that come up and bug me will not stand a chance when I pull Jesus' own words out!  I encourage you to read all of John 14:1-6 and find the words of comfort that restore your peace today.  That passage is a treasure trove of comfort! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment