Monday, May 12, 2014

Things go better with God...

"Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for years to come."
Psalm 23
 
Years ago, Coca Cola had an ad that said, "Things go better with Coke!" Remember that? I was sitting in mass yesterday and had a powerful thought.  This certainly isn't a new revelation or anything, but I realized right then that, with God as the center and focus of my life, everything else just seems to work out.  That doesn't mean everything is perfect, but everything has its place surrounding God as my priority.  Living our lives for God and with God allows God to work through us and in us.  When things don't work out, God is there to give us all we need to cope.  Seeking God, first and foremost, leads to more genuine relationships, deeper love, and better coping skills.  Everything just seems to make more sense with God as the center focus of our lives.  So, to borrow from the old ad:  Things go better with God!  Today, as we begin our May Monday, let's realize that, with God as the center of our lives, we have all we need to live and thrive here on this planet.  All we need is God and God is all we need.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment