Thursday, June 5, 2014

A prayer for us...

..."I will make it known, that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them."
John 17:26
 
Earlier in today's Gospel, Jesus mentions us.  "I pray not only for these, but also for those who will believe in me through their word..." (v. 20) And that's us.  So, Jesus is saying that the love with which the Father loved Jesus will be within us and Jesus, himself, will be within us.  How could we possibly lose?  I think things get muddy for us when we forget this truth.  The truth that God is as close to us as can be, and the truth that God loves us with an incomprehensible love.  If we can grasp any part of that we cannot have a bad day. Yesterday, as it happens, I was able to travel to a beautiful part of Idaho and work with a dear lady.  God was present all around me and I knew that God gave me any ability I had to help this lady.  It was all gift; including the Monster Cookie ice cream cone I indulged in on the way back. But, those are easy times to see God in action.  I also know the difficult times when God may seem so far away and yet, readings like this confirm that God is even closer to us.  Today, let's try to rest and relax in God's love for us.  No matter what happens in our day, that love will never change.  And may our love grow in that.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment