Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Come down the mountain with me!

"Lord, it is good that we are here.  If you wish, I will make three tents here..."
Matthew 17:4
 
OK, I confess that the mystery of the Transfiguration for me is this:  How can we extend that spiritual experience as we come down the mountain?  How can we bring Jesus with us as we travel back to our everyday lives?  Like Peter, I tend to want to stay "up there."  I want to linger at the Hermitage on the mesa.  I want to stay with the fellowship of Cursillo.  I want to stay where Jesus is, where I have such a rich and full experience of Jesus right there with me.  It never fails that, when I return to daily life, I just don't feel that same closeness.  This morning, I am realizing that it's not up to God to keep that closeness alive, it is more up to me.  The time that I spend on retreat is time I'm more open to God being there, it's not that God is anymore "there" for me than any other time.  It's me who is paying closer attention to God in those mountain top situations.  Lord, I thank you and praise you for giving me these mountain top spiritual experiences...please help me to be more open and attentive to you all the time, so we can come down the mountain together! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment