Monday, August 4, 2014

Reach out and touch...

"'Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.' Jesus said, 'Come.'"
Matthew 14:28-29
 
I was just a twenty year old college student when I got a summer job across the country in North Carolina.  I had never really traveled east before and taking on a twelve week position at a camp for blind people was just what I wanted to do, but, whoa!  As the time got closer, I got more and more scared.  The Sunday before I left was this Gospel of Peter climbing out of the boat and walking on the water to Jesus.  Even then, I could see the connection to my own life.  Jesus was beckoning me out of the boat and onto the water.  As soon as I started to falter, I remembered Jesus' hand reaching out to grasp Peter and steady him on his quest. That summer launched my whole career in blind rehabilitation.  I'm so blessed that I was able, with Jesus' help, to take that first step out of the boat!  I invite you to take some time and think about a time you were called forth into a scary situation...did you reach for Jesus' hand?  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment