Wednesday, September 24, 2014

To love better...

"What you sow is not brought to life unless it dies. And what you sow is not the body that is to be but a bare kernel of wheat, perhaps, or of some other kind."
1 Corinthians 15:36-37
 
This was the first reading on Saturday and it fit in so beautifully with the dying foliage and underbrush around me at the Hermitage.  I pondered what it means for us little human beings.  I was learning through my reading that our purpose, as human beings, is to love...to love God, one another and life.  I realized that, in order to do that most effectively, we learn to die to ourselves.  We learn to let go of our own agendas and compassionately love those around us.  We learn to put others first.  Jesus showed us this when he washed the feet of the apostles the night of the Last Supper and then told them to do the same.  We learn, through our lives with Jesus, to do just what he did...serve each other lovingly.  In what ways can we see ourselves dying to self and loving better?  I feel constantly called to love better; tenderly, with more compassion. How about you?  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment