Monday, December 8, 2014

A change of heart

"Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you."
Isaiah 1:28
 
In thinking and praying with this reading today, I pondered what being "full of grace" would look like in Mary's life.  It struck me how often I pray for a change of heart or a change of mind about someone or something and then it hit me.  I wondered if, in Mary's case, that didn't have to happen. Mary's heart and mind were already exactly where they needed to be.  I pray constantly that Jesus will fill my heart with his loving heart. My heart beats with judgments and criticism about people and I can't possibly love well with that hindrance.  I imagine Mary's heart already filled with Jesus even before he began to grow in her womb. She doesn't need a change of heart or a change of mind. Her mind and heart are already good to go. That is why we call her "Immaculate." That is how she could say "Yes" so readily and without hesitation to God's plan. Jesus, once again I pray that you fill my heart and it grows more into your heart...love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment