Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Changing our desires...

"Rather, whoever wishes to be great among you shall be your servant..."
Matthew 20:26
 
I freely admit that one of my greatest flaws is that I love being the center of attention.  There, I said it.  If it was up to me I'd always want to be the bride at the wedding or the corpse at the funeral.  I was the only child of older parents and always had to perform when my parents had friends over--be it playing the guitar, flute, dancing, you name it (aren't you glad you weren't invited to my parents' home?)  And I still have that inkling to perform. I'm working on it, please believe me!  I feel so called now to fade into the background and be the servant that Jesus is describing here.  I feel called to take my name off the program and just be in the back row of the chorus...the very back row. Or better yet, be waiting in the wings for the show to be over so I can sweep the stage!  It feels kind of strange after living so many years wanting to be the star!  But, that desire is changing.  And God is the one changing it.  God can actually change our desire if we just want it changed and it fits with God's will.  God can change our desires.  Let's think about that today.  That is an amazing truth.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment