Tuesday, April 14, 2015

It ain't easy being breezy...

"Jesus said, 'The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sounds it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.'"
John 3:8
 
This reading reminds me to be a bit more breezy!  I know that having my future plan is very helpful for me now, but I want to be able to blow where God wills when the actual time comes.  I want to be free enough of my plan to go with God's plan if they ever diverge.  I really enjoy working towards something...I love a nice, straight road, clearly illuminated, with a vivid destination at the end. This focus has really been beneficial for me, as it got me through school and into a wonderful career. Now, looking ahead to other goals, I realize that God's plan may not always be that clear or straight. And the destination may be a bit murky out there at the end. I also realize God's plan may be so much fuller and richer than mine. Please, Loving God, don't ever let me be so stuck in my own plan that I miss yours!  Help me to be attentive, listening carefully to your still, small voice for my discernment.  Plant your desire for me deep into my heart and then guide me every step of the way!  Amen. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment