Monday, November 16, 2015

Lord, help me to see!

"What do you want me to do for you?"
Luke 18:41
 
I heard this question from Jesus so clearly during my first retreat at Marymount a couple of years ago. I was a bit stunned because I was always thinking I was to work for Jesus, not so much the other way around.  But, I spent three days in the silence, answering Jesus' question.  It's a good question for all of us to consider everyday, because Jesus asks it of us everyday.  I prayed with the question this morning and came up with a short list of prayer requests for today and then read on.  Jesus says in verse 42, "Have sight; your faith has saved you."  That, to me, says that the blind man had a hand in his own healing.  Jesus responded to the faith the blind man had and the willingness of the man to shout out and not let the crowds deter him in calling out to Jesus.  Realizing that we, too, must have a part to play in answering our own prayers, I prayed that God would use me however necessary to answer my own requests today. Guide me, Lord, in my actions to let good things happen today.  It's not that we just ask and wait passively.  It's that we ask, wait and respond however Jesus beckons us.  "Lord, please help me see!"  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment