Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Who is it not about? Me!

"Rather, whoever wishes to be great among you shall be your servant..."
Matthew 20:26
 
I woke up in the night with a very powerful thought on my mind.  "It's not about you, Heidi, it's about others."  It was as clear as a bell and, as I snuggled in, back to sleep, I prayed I'd remember it.  As it happens, it fits in nicely with today's Gospel.  James and John (and their mom) ask Jesus if they can have positions of power in his Kingdom. It's about them, you see.  Jesus realizes what's ahead for them all and replies, "Well, it's not about you guys...it's about others."  That seems to be  message for me this Lent and maybe even this year.  Throughout the whole flood saga at my place, I kept getting the message to be kind. ("Only kindness matters," remember the Jewel song?) It's not about me, it's about others.  Fr. Bentz's homily, at BSU in January, too, not to ask what should I do with my life, but how can I best help others? How can I best serve others?  This is all very exciting, Gracious God!  Thank you for waking me in the night and whispering to me.  (And I caught Tebow sleeping on the spare room bed! The rascal!)  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment