Tuesday, March 29, 2016

See the Gardener...

"Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you laid him, and I will take him."
John 20:15

Oddly, the thing that struck me when I read this today wasn't the usual insight, like Jesus being unrecognizable there by the tomb. I was wondering how Mary Magdalene thought she could manage carrying the body of Jesus should this "gardener" show her where the body now was.  I sat with that a while and realized that in her profound and desperate grief, she was completely unrealistic.  Grief does that to us. Love does that to us. Seriously grieving the one we love deeply can do that to us.  We are completely beside ourselves.  And Jesus comes to comfort us...calls us by name as he did Mary in this Gospel and suddenly we see him.  Today, there are people in our own midst who may be suffering this type of grief and sadness.  Let us open our hearts to them and give comfort as we can.  And let's open our eyes to the "gardener" we may see on our early spring Tuesday.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment