Friday, March 4, 2016

The First and Second...are One

"The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself..."
Mark 12:31
 
The connectedness of the First Great Commandment--"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and with all your strength" (v. 30) and the Second (above) jumped right out at me this morning. What I realize is that the love of God is necessary for us to even begin to love one another.  We cannot love others unless we tap into the deep pool of God's love in the first place.  I feel completely incapable of loving on my own.  The circle of me loving God and then God giving me all I need to love others is very visual in my mind.  I need God to help me love others, but God also needs me to put action to that love so that others experience it. It's all the same Love.  This is a lot to take in on a Friday, my Friends!  I hope to set aside time this weekend to sit with God and really pray about how I can be more open for God to love through me. I can get so in the way of that, myself.  Blessings on your mid-Lent weekend...after this, we'll be on the downhill side, inching toward Easter! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment