Friday, April 22, 2016

In awe of the First Bible...

"The first act of divine revelation is creation itself. The first Bible is the Bible of nature."
Fr. Richard Rohr, Daily Meditation, 2/28/16
 
Today being Earth Day, I thought I'd go back and read a bit about God's First Bible...Creation.  Fr. Richard Rohr says if we don't appreciate God's First Bible, we will never understand the Second Bible.  As I sit and look outside into my backyard, there is a small bird pecking at the grass, under the emerging, baby-leaf lilacs.  God's work, God's words in my very backyard! Today, let's be especially aware of nature around us...God's words to us of life, death, renewal. If we can't sit in awe of the beauty in nature how can we ever grasp the Bible of Genesis to Revelation?  Happy Earth Day!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment