Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Set aside to...

..."the Holy Spirit said, 'Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul'"...
Acts 13:2

Pray-As-You-Go invites us to prayerfully consider what WE might be set apart for today.  Being set apart means there are special tasks for us, such as people we can help or inspire. Maybe someone needs a kind smile or encouraging word. It doesn't necessarily mean that we are to move mountains, it can be as simple as being kinder to people than we were yesterday.  That's what it means to me today.  I was impatient and short-tempered yesterday...today I feel set apart to be more kind and gentle. This stuff isn't rocket science, but it sure seems hard, doesn't it?  Gracious God, thank you for giving me today so I can try to do better than I did yesterday in the tasks you have set me aside to do! With your help, I can be kinder! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment