Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Christ in us...

"We gave you strict orders not to teach about that name, yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching..."
Acts 5:28

Fortunately for us, we won't likely be martyred for our Christianity, but could we be? Do our actions and reactions give us away as Christians? What does this look like in our lives? I was thinking about it and I realize that my reactions to others who get under my skin sure aren't Christian-ish. Fr. Richard Rohr would probably say it is my false self, or small self that gets irritated and short-tempered with others. By letting the Christ-within-me shine forth, I can treat others with more of the love God desires that I spread around. We all have them in our lives--people who just push our buttons and we react out of our very small selves.  If that happens today, let's stop, take a deep breath of grace and open our eyes to seeing them as God sees them--with love.  The Christ in us can certainly love the Christ in them--if we just get out of the way.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment