Monday, June 6, 2016

Our comings and goings...

"The Lord will guard your coming and your going both now and forever."
Psalm 121:8
 
Today's Psalm really rings true for me today, as I head back to work after a fabulous week off! It's what I call "Re-entry Day," and it can loom large if I don't remember that God is right there with me.  One thing I have learned is that anything I glean on retreat or in any kind of study is not for me alone.  Jesus didn't teach his disciples just for their own knowledge, it was meant to be taken out and shared with others. Jesus didn't break bread for only his disciples alone, it was meant to be taken out and shared with the Five Thousand. All we receive is to be shared for God's glory and the benefit of others.  I can't live a life, fully lived, on permanent retreat, as appealing as THAT sounds!  But now is the time the rubber meets the road...time to put it all into practice.  So, as we embark on these months of summer, let's remember that God certainly blesses our comings and goings...God goes with us, in fact. And that makes them all the more precious!  Blessings on your first June Monday! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment