Thursday, May 26, 2016

Indeed...

"What do you want me to do for you?"
Mark 10:51

Jesus is asking the blind man, Bartimaeus, this soul-searching question in today's Gospel. Nearly three years ago, I heard Jesus ask me the same question on my first retreat at Marymount Hermitage. I remember honestly answering, "I want a spiritual vocation! I want to be a Spiritual Director!" Today I am packing to head to my sixth retreat at Marymount and the last session of our Spiritual Direction class with Mission Centered Education.  The powerfulness of all this is nearly overwhelming! I'm learning that Jesus is serious when he asks, "What do you want me to do for you?" Is it really within our grasp to ask for the deepest desires of our hearts? Certainly! God hopes we DO ask, because God put them there in the first place!  Probably the most valuable lesson I've learned is that I can't know it, can't do it, and must relinquish all of it to God, who really CAN do it.  Ever on the path of learning, I am trying to get myself out of the way of the slow work of God.  So blessings on the holiday weekend and I will be back with the Heidi-grams in June!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment