Thursday, June 23, 2016

Rock solid!

"The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. But it did not collapse; it had been set solidly on rock."
Matthew 7:25

Pray-As-You-Go invited us to think about what kind of foundation our "house" is built upon...sand or rock? When I think on the foundation of my faith I immediately think back on my childhood and attending mass every week with my Dad and grandmother. Talk about a rock solid foundation! I cut my teeth on rosary beads, truly! So upon that rock solid foundation of faith my little "house" (or townhouse) is built.  That certainly doesn't mean that I automatically do everything right or that I have a perfectly unshakeable faith.  But it does mean that eventually God comes into focus when I'm hanging out there struggling.  God is and always has been my solid touchstone, that is a fact, but sometimes, I flounder around first, trying to do it myself.  It's much like the image of the child climbing the stairs, one huge step at a time, with God lovingly watching.  Finally, God just races down the stairs and scoops her up, carrying her the rest of the way.  Isn't that a wonderful image? Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment