Thursday, April 19, 2018

Celebrate life!

"Sing joyfully to God all you on earth!"
Psalm 66:1

As I was sitting in my prayer space this morning, doing the readings, I heard a lovely birdsong outside. The bird was singing her little heart out, celebrating the coming dawn. I stopped and just listened. A spring day is being heralded, most joyfully, by this little bird. It struck me that the Psalmist is calling all of creation to sing to God, not just human beings. Every living thing on this earth and flying above this earth is called to give glory to God. Sometimes I wonder if the birds, creatures and plants don't heed this calling better than humans do. The trees budding are giving glory to God, the critters critter-ing are doing what they do, giving glory to God. We can learn so much from our brothers and sisters in creation. Today, as we go about our usual spring Thursday, let's make sure we are singing joyfully to God in our celebration of life and all of creation. It's a great day to celebrate the gift of life! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment