Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Prayer for the journey, part deux

"...But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always, though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone."
Fr. Thomas Merton

Friends, I can't tell you what joy and comfort this prayer brings to me right now! As these life changes come about I feel like I'm on a scary ride at an amusement park, hanging on for dear life and screaming my head off! But deep in the mystery, there is peace and reassurance that "all will be well" (thank you, Julian of Norwich).
Many have asked me for the entire Thomas Merton prayer and I found this treasure--Fr. James Martin, SJ reciting the prayer...Love, heidi
Thomas Merton prayer


No comments:

Post a Comment