Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cheerfully give!

"For God loves a cheerful giver."
2 Corinthians 9:7

Oh, you mean we have to be cheerful about it?  That sometimes seems like a tallish order!  Giving is sometimes hard enough.  I was thinking about this and, even though the usual connotation could be about giving alms and such, I was thinking of the hardest thing for me to give and that could be giving love to others.  So, the message for me today is to give love to others...cheerfully.  Oh, it's easy to love those I love! (That is not as weird a sentence as it may appear!) But it is harder for me to love the harder folks.  (likewise that sentence).  It's easy to love the people who love me back, who smell nice and don't carry a sign asking me for money.  It's easy to love those who think the way I think and believe the same things I believe in.  It's easy to love THOSE folks.  I can give my love cheerfully to them.  It's the others...
So, today, let's think of what is the hardest for us to give away.  And let's think about this call to, not just to give it, but to give it cheerfully!  And, how can we do this? Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment