Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Strength from struggle

"Life is so different when you are convinced that everything is purposeful."

Fr. Wilfrid Stinissen, "This is the Day the Lord Has Made"

This reflection today was stunning in its simple wisdom.  I think I would wiggle it around to say something more like, "Life is so different when you believe God works in every situation," which is much the same but with a tiny tweak.  Fr. Stinissen is saying in the entire reflection that, through the worst and most difficult times of our lives, we grow and mature.  We exceed what we have done before and grow into new strength.  I have seen that many times in my own life and I'm sure you have too.  And those are the times I feel God works most diligently in us, giving us everything we need to, not simply get through the difficulty, but come of out it with new vigor.  Even our tough times have purpose.  They are helping us find resources, deep within, that will serve us, and even others, later.  Such a brilliant message for a waning summer Tuesday!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment